1940s Jerusalem, Dome of the Rock and Temple Mount
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!
The Little Dove Board will meet after church. If the weather keeps us away we’ll try to meet early next week.
NOTE FOR MEMBERS OF THE CHOIR: Kathryn is away on Sunday, so the choir will not sing. Thanks to Bob Holmgren for playing the piano for our worship.
The weather reports show snow again. I know it’s hard for all but the hardiest of us to get out in it, so if you are snowed out of church again, may I ask you to do a couple of these things.
- On Sunday morning take just a few minutes to rest in God’s word. It’s not a Christian obligation; it’s the air Christians breathe. Read the gospel for the day and think about it for a minute. (I printed it below) Say the Lord’s prayer and spend a moment in silent prayer. End by giving thanks for the people you love and the good things in your life. Pray for your those who are suffering, for those who are not like you, for those you do not like.
- Reach out to at least one other member of the congregation through a telephone call so that they can hear your voice. When we cannot assemble as a congregation we miss the mutual support and encouragement that helps us grow as a congregation.
- Do one or two other things that are to you signs of your Christian faith.
- Continue your Lenten disciplines and devotions.
- Make an extra effort to come out and take part in the March events at church. Sign up to help with the Family Promise week. Lets try to have everyone take part in some way. We’re collecting supplies for Family Promise. See the attached newsletter and bring in something on March 3, Family Promise Sunday.
- Attend the March 10 potluck lunch if at all possible. The council will meet after lunch on that day.